Automatic updating is the default and the easiest method, whereby Windows will habitually check for driver updates and install them. So, unless you are using some niche devices, the built-in Windows Update service on your PC generally keeps most of your drivers up to date in the background.
- Click the Firefox menu (at the top right corner of the main window), select “Add-ons”.
- Next, run a full system scan, which checks every file and folder on your PC for potential threats.
- Sometimes, the hardware gets stuck, and the issue persists until the troubleshooter runs.
- If your device is not using the default print driver, then it’ll show up on the list, and you can then export and restore it using the tool.
- To finish things off, go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button.
- The remaining drivers I seem to be missing are those for printers.
If any devices listed in the Device Manager have a yellow exclamation, there is a driver issue. You can go to the properties section and check if there is a message that explains the error. You won’t be able to use a device properly if your computer is unable to install its drivers.
To successfully perform a clean boot on Windows 11/10, you must log on as the administrator and now follow the given steps below. Stella has been working in MiniTool Software as an English Editor for more than 7 years. Her articles mainly cover the fields of data recovery including storage media data recovery and phone data recovery, YouTube videos download, partition management, and video conversions. You can use it to scan the drive you want to recover data from.
- This means downloading drivers from the hardware manufacturer’s individual websites, or letting Microsoft’s Windows Update do the work for you.
- To find the missing driver, you need to go to the Control Panel and open Device Manager.
- Her expertise lies in creating concise and effective guides for common Windows errors, helping readers optimize their Windows devices.
- Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
Sometimes, the only solution is to use a different Windows 10 installation method, like direct download or using a CD to install. For example, if the computer doesn’t support USB booting, no hardware tweak could force the OS to install. If you’re trying to install Windows 10 from a USB drive, you’re in luck; We’re about to cover how you can fix USB-related download issues. Below, you’ll find the quickest and most efficient solutions. If you want to keep your Alienware computer in a good state and get the best possible experience, you should consider updating your Alienware drivers to the latest version. This post from MiniTool tells you how to download, install, and update Alienware drivers.
How to Fix Network Adapter Missing by Using the Built-in Network Reset Tool
On the “Advanced” pane, you’ll even see an option that lets you choose when the printer is available. For example, if you only want to use your printer during business hours, you could select 9 am to 5 pm here. People wouldn’t be able to print to the printer outside of your selected hours, which is especially useful if you’ve configured it as a network printer and don’t want people printing to it during off hours. For example, if you have a color printer, you’ll see options for choosing between color and black and white. You might also see options for choosing the tray from which the printer grabs the paper, selecting the orientation of the document (portrait or landscape), and changing print quality settings. Don’t miss the “Advanced” button, which offers many additional settings. If you can’t install the driver due to a problem with the printer, it may be time to upgrade.